The Intercultural Readiness Check
The Intercultural Readiness Check is a high quality assessment tool suitable for individual and group interventions, in both cross- border and domestic diversity contexts. It can be used for:
- Individual assessment in coaching and group training situations
- Group analysis for supporting a team to benefit from its diversity
- Organization-wide needs assessment for training design
- Program evaluation to assess the effectiveness of interventions
- Research purposes in cooperation with Intercultural Business Improvement
Intercultural Readiness Check captures four intercultural competencies, which can be which can be trained and developed.
- Intercultural Sensitivity
- Intercultural Communication
- Building Commitment
- Managing Uncertainty
What individuals receive
The IRC helps your clients to better understand how they currently approach intercultural interactions. What they do well, what they may find difficult, and how you can support them in developing the intercultural competencies they need.
Individuals receive written personal feedback with detailed suggestions for development.
Reliability and Validity
The IRC is one of the few intercultural tools tested for reliability and validity. The IRC offers an ideal combination of being practical, uncomplicated and solid.
Over the past 10 years more than 50,000 respondents from all over the world have filled in the IRC, making the IRC database one of the largest sources of information on intercultural competencies world-wide.
The database has been analysed in four studies to monitor the quality of the instrument. Reliability checks involve a major re-analysis. Input from 13,000 respondents was used to develop the new and improved IRC 2.0.
IRC Licensing – making the investment as a trainer
- You can structure your content delivery around the competency approach with greater credibility.
- You can better identify your clients’ learning needs, giving them feedback and constructive advice for further development.
- Gain back your investment through enhanced offerings, customised training sessions and coaching on competence development.
- Participate in our IRC networking opportunities, for example our Annual IRC get togethers and the IRC Licensees group on LinkedIn. You will meet likeminded professionals who are committed to intercultural competency development.
The two-day course guided us through the heart of the Intercultural Readiness Check, both technically and scientifically. Thanks to her solid experience and deep knowledge on intercultural effectivity, Ursula triggered us and helped us to connect the content of the instrument to the context of our Institute. With the IRC and the tools and team supporting it, we will take the next step in intercultural learning of our students in International BusinessJelly J. Offereins
Enquire about Intercultural Readiness Check Certification
Complete and submit the form below and we will contact you regarding upcoming Certification courses.
Upcoming IRC Licensing Courses
DATE: Thursday 6 December – Friday 7 December 2018
VENUE: Hilversum (NL)
DATE: February 2019
DATE: Thursday 28 March – Friday 29 March 2019
VENUE: Hilversum (NL)
DATE: May 2019
DATE: Thursday 5 September – Friday 6 September 2019
DATE: Wednesday 27 November – Thursday 28 November 2019
All courses € 1,550.00 (€ 1,350.00 for members of educational institutions)
Only individuals who are IRC licensees have access to use it. To become certified you need to undertake an IRC licensing course, typically held 3 – 4 times/year.
Typical licencees are
1. Higher Education professionals who want a practical tool
2. HR professionals and psychologists working in or with global companies
3. Training Companies who want a detailed analysis and assessment process
The assessment platform can be accessed online and is available in eight languages: English, Chinese, Japanese, Dutch, German, French, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese.
You can create your own client accounts which gives your clients online access to the questionnaire, and the ability for you to generate their IRC profiles in any of its eight languages.